Permanent Supportive Housing
The Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) model combines deeply affordable rental housing with voluntary, flexible and individualized community-based services to assist people with the most severe and complex disabilities to live successfully in the community. PSH is not a new model of housing. Successful efforts to create PSH units in numerous states have been well documented over the years, and a significant body of research has proven that successful outcomes for people and cost savings to government are achieved through the PSH approach.
PSH is for people who have problems that may be:
- Developmental along with
- A very low income. Individuals must receive Medicaid or Ryan White services.
PSH services are provided in Terrebonne, Lafourche, St. Mary, Assumption, St. Charles, St. John, and St. James parishes through Magellan of Louisiana. Services are provided for as long as they are clinically indicated to ensure that participants maintain stable housing along with behavioral and physical health. Program referrals are taken via fax, email, walk-in or phone.
- Home and Community Based Services
- Critical Time Intervention (CTI) Evidence-Based Model of Treatment
- Support to develop skills to rent and keep a home, negotiate with a landlord, and understand renter’s rights and responsibilities
- Assist with effectively responding to or avoiding identified precursor or triggers that would risk him or her remaining in a natural community location, including expanding social supports
- Development of daily living skills specific to managing his or her own home to include money management, medications and using community resources and other self care requirements
Options For Affordable Housing
Options for affordable housing was established in order to address the community’s need for affordable and suitable housing for families with median to low income. Options believes that an individual’s living environment plays an active role in their overall mental, physical and spiritual health and is excited to provide individuals and families with beautiful homes in which they can safely reside and improve their overall quality of life. Options has already built five homes in the community and continues new construction projects to reach our goal of ten houses. These homes are all 3 bedroom-2 bath models and the tenants must meet Section 8 guidelines. We are excited about the opportunity to give families a chance to live in well- built, energy efficient affordable homes.
If you are interested in receiving more information about the Options for affordable housing program please contact Roosevelt Thomas at mailto:email@example.com or (985) 868-2620. If you are interested in completing an application for this program, please see the rental application form on the contact page and fax to (985) 868-8547.